New Half of the year Resolutions? Why not wait till Next year?
Well a few reasons actually. I started university this year so I devoted the first half of the year to settling in, finding a job and not really worrying about that whole bettering-myself crap. Also, on account of my inherent ability to put things off, I only thought about purchasing a 2012 diary about a month ago, and by that time all that was left were bloody financial year diaries which don’t start till the 1st of June. So I figure, new diary= new me.
1. (the mandatory) Put more effort into my studies
2. Fix up my sleeping pattern. – Organize my timetable so that class starts in the morning not after midday… afternoons can be spent doing productive things, unlike mornings (which are often spent sleeping). Plus, sleep is for the dead yo
3. Avoid laptopping in bed (damn, its so tempting to laptop in my comfy-ass bed but this lil ol’ habit screws up my sleeping pattern too)
4. Go to the gym more, it’s $70 a month ffs!
5. Put more effort into appearance (this comes with waking up earlier).
…A few weeks ago I randomly felt compelled to attempt winged-liquid eyeliner and by some miracle, it actually worked. Maybe I could make winged eyeliner my thing.
6. Read more.
…I’ve already kind of started doing this. I just started a book called Brida by Paulo Coelho the other day and despite the fact that thus far, the plotline is extremely cringeworthy, it’s a start.
7. Spend less money on coffee… 3 Starbucks a day is a little excessive. Plus, Starbucks coffee isn’t even that good. No, that’s a lie… I’m no coffee connoisseur (as much as I’d like to be) so Starbucks is pretty damn good to me.
8. Get outside more.
…I’m starting to look a little pasty (which is kind of annoying, because now it’s winter in Australia)
9. Attempt some new hobbies/meet new people (gogo dancing or improv classes could be interesting/fun/an experience)
10. Stop being stagnant and start moving forward!